Site Inactive
Membership
Last Forum PostsLast Forum Post RSS Feed
Server Status
Ventrilo Status

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wrathoftheempire Forum Index -> Rep Guild: Biographies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vulcroth
Archon

re: First Venture

Ismalel was to excited to sleep, she attempted calming exercises and meditation but they did nothing to calm her deeply rooted emotions. 

"In a few moments we will be arriving at Coruscant, please remain seated until we have landed safely."

The voice came over the speakers, it belonged to the captain of the transport Ismalel had elected to use. She didn't believe in taking a private shuttle out from Tython like most others did, she felt like having such a privilege as a Jedi was just...wrong somehow. So she gave her private shuttle pass to a desperate family on the first station her shuttle stopped at to resupply. She felt very good about it and she gave off a warm aura as the ship came out of hyperspace revealing the glowing ball that was Coruscant.

Other passengers peeked out the viewports and whispered excitedly to themselves, it was mostly the children who did so and other exotic alien species that she had never seen before.

She watched the golden ball grow bigger and bigger as they approached, the sparkling lights separating into tall skyscrapers, rivers of lights turned into the bustling skylanes full of speeders and freighters.

Her transport lowered itself into the massive city world, just one vessel out of a million yet for some reason Ismalel felt like she was being singled out. The fur on the back of her neck stood on end and a slight shiver ran down her entire body. She looked around at the others and noted she wasn't the only Cathar onboard...but that hardly mattered, as she was only trying to distract herself from this strange feeling...

After they landed and she left the spaceport she took a taxi to the designated meeting place. It was a fancy, high-end restaurant filled with fine folk and gentle conversation.

"Padawan Ismalel, I am glad you were able to find this place, I trust your trip was well?"

It was Senator Sobenthus, the young a very handsome human greeted her with a smile and gestured out to a table where a Zabrak Jedi sat reading a datapad.

"The trip was good Senator, thank you for asking." She offered a friendly smile and got one back from the Senator and for some reason she realized her cheeks were warm. The soft white fur that covered her entire body prevented her blush from being as obvious as it was on other species, however it did not stop her from trying to hide it from the Senator as she approached the Zabrak.

The Zabrak man stood as she approached and bowed his head to her. "Padawan Ismalel. I am Jedi Knight Ruv'ahn."

Ismalel bowed her head in return. "It is good to finally meet you Ruv'ahn, I am ready to hear of my first assignment." Ismalel noted his clothing, as it stood out painfully so from the rest of the surroundings. The restaurant was fine, pristine and symmetrical. Ruv'ahn wore the traditional Jedi robes, dyed a dark brown with a grey undershirt. However, his robes were worn and while they were clean in the sense that they had been washed, the robes looked like they were very well used.

Ismalel suddenly felt self-conscious about her own appearance. Fresh from Tython with white and gold colored clothing with hardly any marks of wear or abuse. To a passerby the difference in clothing may look like a simple difference in style, but to Ismalel it spoke volumes about how little real-world experiance she has compared to Ruv'ahn.

Senator Sobenthus held a chair for her and she thanked him as she sat.

The Senator spoke as Ruv'ahn seemed to be pulling somthing up on his datapad.

"As you know Ismalel, I stand with Jedi MAster Jorate when it comes to matters concerning the Initiative, I mostly shield the initiative from useless amendments the Senate tries to place on it, or pointless missions that have nothing to do with my original purpose for starting it...but I can't stop everything, so unfortunately some of the less savory jobs get through."

Ismalel knew where this was going. "And I assume my first assignment is one of these 'unsavory' ones?"

Sobenthus nodded and Ruv'ahn chuckled slightly as he set the datapad down. He pointed to the display. "In recent weeks gangs have become more of a problem then they have ever been, by establishing a Jedi presence in certain areas we hope to stem the tide of violence long enough for local authority's to be able to re-organize and get a handle back on the situation.

"So I'm to act like a...'scarewomprat'?"

Sobenthus smiled and took a sip of some bubbling blue liquid from his glass. "I like her, she's witty."

Ismalel felt her cheeks warm again but was better at hiding it. "As a Jedi it is my duty to help protect others in any way I can. If by doing this I can help a family sleep better a night then I will do it...when do I start?"

Ruv'ahn nodded approvingly. "Two days from now, in the mean time I will get your briefed and familiar with the area." 

re: Night watch

Ruv'ahn had taught her much about what was going on around the area. And had told her about each member of the local night watch in detail.

It was bad enough that the war had reduced police funding to chump change, but when it was discovered that an entire division of the force was under the gang's payroll it dealt a serious blow. All the guilty parties had been arrested and taken away, but that left an entire sector now without proper manpower to police it.

The night watch was what was remaining of the division, a mere twenty people for an area that housed thousands, it was a crisis and at the brief Ismalel found she wasn't the only Padawan who had been brought in.

"Alright, we got another long one tonight-Hey! stop that groaning over there!"  A male Zabrak was speaking, his uniform was 'clean' as in you could tell he washed it, but there were some spots that were darker then others that said it was an old uniform.

"Tonight we finally get the Jedi we've been waiting for. We will split up into groups with one Jedi per group. This is -not- a scare campaign, we want the people to know that we havn't abandoned them, and with the Jedi it should help with the positive reinforcement thing...and of course, discourage those thugs from attacking our patrols."

All the officers gathered smiled and nodded in agreement, Ismalel could feel the feeling of excitment and relief that they gave off.

The Zabrak picked up a jar-or somthing that looked like it used to be used to carry left over food- and stuck his hand into it and pulled out a small piece of flimsi.

"Team one! Padawan G--ersht?...Gerscht?...uh, Sorry buddy."

A male human stepped forward and nodded politely. "You had it right the second time."

The zabrak nodded. "Alright then, you're with team one...I'm sure you'll find out who team one is when they decide to STAND UP--Much better. Join your team please."

Ismalel smiled and contained a laugh. The rest of the assignments went in much the same way, it appeared as if the Zabrak officer was trying to keep everyone's spirits up and so far it was working.

"Team eight, Padawan Ishmel."

"Ismalel."

"Oh, is that it? Sorry."

Ismalel was grabbed by a rather excited looking human female and carted over to the other side of the room. She looked young, perhaps just barely into her twenties.

"Hi! My name is Sariah." She pointed to a man watching a datapad and he looked up at her and made a face. "My name is Zar, it's a pleasure to be patroling with you tonight Padawan Ismalel."

"Just Ismalel is fine thank you."

He nodded and stood up as the last team was assigned.

"Alright!" The Zabrak yelled. "You all got your Jedi, now get out there and do some justice!"

Someone in the crowd made a sarcastic "Woooo!" sound and raised their fist into the air as they walked out. Others repeated the gesture like it was some sort of inside joke.

Sariah and Zar led Ismalel to their speeders, Ismalel elected to ride with Sariah and Zar made a comment about him never getting the girl. They took off as the rest of the teams departed and the two of them chatted casually while Ismalel listening.

"-Please Zar, if you actually decided to comb your hair one of these days I'm sure you'd have the girls falling all over you."

"I don't want them falling on me, I want them following me to my apartment."

"You need to clean that place to."

"Ok mom."

They sped through the lanes, running parallel to the other traffic.

"We're almost there, I hope you're good at card games Jedi."

"Huh?"

"You'll see."

They lowered down onto a seriously run down looking watch station and parked their speeders infront.

"Our watch doesn't actually start for another three standard hours, so we have time to check out the local map and prepare...otherwise we have time to relax."

Ismalel nodded as Zar opened the rusty door with a hiss of hydraulics.

He went over and plopped down onto a couch that might of had somthing living in it and covered his eyes with his hat. "Wake me when it's time."  

Sariah took his hat and pranced over to a table. "C'mon, we can study this map for thirty minutes atleast before you take your nap."

Zar sighed and got up. "Ok ok...c'mon Ismalel, let's get to this map stuff." 

Jump to: