Membership
Last Forum PostsLast Forum Post RSS Feed
Server Status
Ventrilo Status

View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2
Stinghen
Acolyte

re: Forum RP

Viperias chuckles behind the mask at Rampage's reply. 'Let's see what would merit such a call as that one then, Lord Rampage.'

The young Sith Lord stood away from the crowd, watching the new arrivals. He didn't know many of them, save the bounty huntress Vris'kah and the assassin from Alderaan, Rist. But he didn't particularly mind. When the Captain began briefing the participants, Viperias listened closely. At the end of the transmission, the Sith Lord began to look genuinely interested.

'Do not prance around us, Captain. You are in the presence of Sith Lords here. Where did this transmission come from, by your ensign's calculations? Which system? And why is such system of any consequence to the great Empire that it would merit mobilising the Order of the Wrath?'

*The holo shifted and showed a small system. One star with seven planets orbiting it. Hovering above the fourth planet was an icon that represented the position of the vessel.*

"We are sure of it's location as we have located it's position by tracking individual holo frequencies of the crew onboard." The captain was composed as all those who asked the question were Sith, but in the force it was obvious he did not agree with their assessment of the message's apparent cowardice.

Rampage examined those present, noting that a few of them remained silent while others questioned. "I agree that this could most definently be a trap. Perhaps the Republic attempting to draw us in...but if that were true...why would the Republic think we would respond to a message that sounded so...afraid?" 

The Captain looked briefly at Rampage, silently thanking him for not saying the word 'cowardly'.

Rampage continued. "But, if a trap it is then certainly they would be waiting for a search party, or a small patrol to confirm the validity of the message...not a Harrower Class Dreadnaught, the flagship of the Order...and Lord Viperias, I would say that this is worthy of us. During our time under Darth Ventrilo's boot we have wasted away and barely fired a shot...Now that we are a part of the true war machine, let us get back into the fray. Captain, if you would."

The Captain came to attention. "At once my Lord." And he set off to the front of the bridge, commanding all to prepare for the jump to hyperspace.

Rampage gestured to the group, a motion indicating that they follow him and join the captain at the front of the bridge just as the stars stretched and the great warship jumped.

((Republic characters may post below.))

Jedi Knight Jonathan eye'd the transmission suspiciously. The message was certainly somthing the Empire could dream up in order to trick Republic soldiers into running headlong into a trap to save the frightened crew. He shook his head, it was a dark thought but it had to be considered he had certainly known the Sith to do worse things. He picked up his holo and paused for but a moment, perhaps this is a good chance for him to get to know his Padawan better...he should already know who she is, but he had neglected her, partly by his own fault and partly out of his control.

"Padawan, I'm going on an...adventure. I believe it would be a fortuitous experience for you to accompany me...if you can spare to be away from the Senator for a time that is-..." He meant it as a joke, but he knew how other people said he sounded. Harsh, rigid. "I will be docked at the Republic fleet staging area, hangar U87."

He'd then set down the holo and wait. When she arrived he would show her the message he intercepted and suggest they take a look, with thoughts of a trap in mind.

She nodded to Lord Rampage, "Yes..I am afraid I had business matters to attend to myself (link to direct to fictions to be posted soon!), it took longer than anticipated, but it is a pleasure."

While the others talked after the message, she did indeed remain silent and calm, a hand placed to her chin, emerald hues calculating.

"Perhaps it is that fear that they wished to draw us in? Those in fear do have a need for freedom from it, do they not? Where as the Republic's standpoint has no need of it, they know that the Sith do," Her comment unrefined to her running thoughts and near negligible due to her ignorance in the ways of force users, she does hope that her words come to a clarified point to those more experienced in such matters.

Following the rest to the bridge, she leans against one of the railings, crossing her arms. "Still a trap it may be. Why go for the little just barely battle washed recruits, when they can take out a strong, and growing force? Take out the big dog instead of the pups."

Stinghen
Acolyte

Lord Viperias shook his head. He would see this through, but doing border patrols was little better than the "assignments" of the Order during Darth Ventrilo's rule.

'There is always a catch, Lord Rampage. Maybe someone out there needs for us to over-commit? It's very convenient nobody else could respond. If this is a trap, there is no reason to believe it is not a very well-laid one. It was well noted that these recordings speak of anyone but the Republic to be the authors of the attack, and we have more enemies than the Republic since Oricon.'

ORBITAL STATION ON HOTH

The Republic Thranta-class battleship Saresh's Pride docked with the Orbital station surrounding the cold planet. The ship was tasked with carrying those soldiers rotated out of Hoth, the lucky ones who were rotated out of one of the worst assignments in the Republic military. But it would also bear another passager, a young Jedi Padawan who had been helping uproot the White Maw pirates recently. She had received a transmission from her Master, although only barely, because it was very hard to get any sort of signals on that place. And now Dahranna answered the call.

The trip back to Carrick station seemed to take forever. It was at that time that she pondered her trajectory so far. When she was first assigned to Jedi Knight Jonathan she thought he would carry her to the many missions in which he participated, but that was not the case. She was surprised by the latitude of freedom she was offered, even though she was still very inexperienced. After months of her training, she was still struggling to do her best, and she feared it just might not be enough. Her efforts on Hoth were fruitless, part because the White Maw had entrenched themselves too firmly on the planet, part because Dahranna lacked the preparation to deal with the problem more effectively. Or so she though. Even so, the company she aided were very much grateful for her help.

All in all, she had decided that accompanying her master would be a welcome change to her perspective - she was yet to see Jonathan in action, and she was certain there was much she could learn. Still, she could only guess what he meant by "an adventure".

Dahranna met with Jonathan at the Carrick Station, and he got straight to business. That was so much like him. Some of that demeanor was beginning to rub off on the Padawan as well. She showed great concern about the intercepted transmission, however. 'Can't this be a trap for us? I assume we will be going in silently, because it sounds just like a trap to me.'

Varinia crossed her arms across her chest and waited, only half-listening to those around her. Regardless of who was right or wrong in assumptions of what they would meet, this would prove to be a very interesting task regardless, she thought lightly, letting her gaze wander anywhere but the blue of hyperspace.

*Motions to Lord Viperias as he steps forward a single step.*

"Exactly my point. If anything, my Lord, I beseech thee, allow me to take my personal unit to go in first. We will kill everything with a heart beat that isn't of the Imperial orchestra. But to reply to your previous statement my lord... The republic knows that while we Sith embrace and use our emotions as the tools they are, they know that the majority  of Imperial Personnel are not Sith, and are there for still able to fall victim to being controlled by their emotions, no matter how.... 'composed' they attempt to appear." 

*Rhaegaar said in reply, a wicked grin stretching over the scarred right side of his face as he glanced in the corner of his eye to the captain. Rhaegaar not only distrusted Imperials, but despised them, and were it up to him any non-force users would be hunted down and put to the sword, an opinion he's made publicly known on more than one occasion, and was doing so once more.*

Rampage listened to them while he looked out at the dizzying light show that was hyperspace.

"Your concerns have all been made clear. Know that I do not take us into this endeavor half-cocked. We will be arriving short of our destination to give the system a more detailed scan to see what threat -if any- awaits us."

The captain caught Rhaegaar's glance and turned away to face Rampage, in the force the older man was defiant and confident, his years of experience giving him the right to a certain attitude, but he was cautiously fearful as well.

Rampage spoke again. "When we pause to scan you are free to take your own vessel and scout ahead Rhaegaar. But do know that while everyone on board this warship is a valued member and loyal citizen of the Empire, I will not risk the lives of the entire crew to come and rescue you if you do indeed discover a trap."

-Carrick Station, Republic Fleet-

Jedi Knight Jonathan nodded in agreement. "Oh It is most definitely a trap. When ensnaring a vessel it is always a first thing to jam their communications. So the probability that the crew, while fighting for their lives in close quarters, managed to break the jamming and get a message through is very small."

Jonathan tried to sound knowing and intelligent, it was obvious to the younger Jedi that Jonathan was used to working alone, as he would often pause and suddenly go into deep thought as if he had forgotten she was there when in fact it was simply habit.

A series of bleeps and tweets from the comm signaled a droid speaking. Jonathan didn't know if she could understand droids so he recited the message. "He says...and this is my best guess mind you. We = good to go. Me + Jedi + Padawan = Great team." He smiled attempting a form of humor. "I asked him to plot a course to the signal origin while we spoke." 

*Arched a powerful brow as he pulled up his holocom, a soldier standing at attention.*

"Bring the Squadron. We're going on ahead."

*He commanded, the trooper saluted in reply and Rhaegaar nodded before ending the call. He then looked out to the side of the window as suddenly 12 Fury Class ships exited hyperspace, as they had been following since they left and were merely awaiting the order to join the Orders Flag ship. All 12 ships were painted similar to Rhaegaars, only where his was pure obsidian black, the others had a single red stripe down the center. As his ship was docking with the flag ship he glanced slightly to the side to Lord Rampage*

"You may not know me, but I know you know of me just as I did you. So I'm a little insulted you would suggest I would call for aid or rescue, even if I needed it. I am -not- some boot-licking emotionally controlled brown-nose,"

*He began, glancing for a split second to the captain*

"I've been through more than most and come out on top time after time. And when this is over, I will expect to be treated as such, or we may end up having to find out just who between us truly is the better swordsman. I will report in shortly."

*Rhaegaar raised his hood as he exited the meeting of Sith and Imperials, boarding his Fury the Strigoi Moarte. He undocked and moved into position in front of the Flag ship, behind him the other 11.*

"Fighter Squad 'Mors Omnibus' scouting ahead."

*Was all that came over his comm before the squad sped away.*

THE DARKEST SHADOW

Lord Viperias rolls his eyes at the exchange between Rhaegaar and the Captain. When the former prepares to leave, the man in the respirator couldn't resist from giving off one of his sharp comments. 'Be sure you keep your comm unit open to our channel. We would definetly like to hear it if you get blasted into oblivion from your eagerness to prove your mettle.'

CARRICK STATION

Dahranna thought it was reasonable. Even though walking into a trap while knowing it for what it is wouldn't make the trap any less dangerous, at least her master wasn't just waltzing into a potentially dangerous situation.

But there was something strange. Dahranna was beginning to become increasingly attuned to the Force and the galaxy about her, but she could sense absolutely nothing from this particular event. She had searched her feelings, but found nothing for her trouble. She was concerned, and she was terrible at hiding it.

But just as she begins to wonder and worry, the little droid chimes in. 'You've got it all thought out, huh master?' She folds her arms, making a cheeky expression. 'And what if I say no?'

Rhaegaar's flight of 12 Furies dropped out of hyperspace within spitting distance of the planet-

*ALERT PROXIMITY WARNING*

Red lights began flashing all across the boards of the 12 ships as the skilled pilots swerved to avoid the objects that were directly in the way of their incoming hyperspace drop-out. The vessels backed off to get a better view and what was before them could only be said as strange.

Vessels, ranging from medium cruisers to heavy frigates to freight haulers surrounded the planet. They were separated into groups nine with eight arrayed in a circle around the ninth and the ninth was pointed down towards the planet. There were fourteen groups of nine around the planet, all equal distance from one another.  The vessels gave off very low power readings and would not respond to any hails.  The Cage Class frigate that gave off the distress signal was among one of these groups. None of the vessels displayed signs of damage from fighting. The planet itself however appeared dismal and lifeless, it was an orangeish red from orbit and could remind one of Korriban is they were feeling nostalgic.  A few moments later however, there was a discernible disturbance in the force that sent a chill down the spine of all, Hardened Sith and Jedi alike. Somthing was very wrong here.

-Carrick Station

"If you say no then I will just have to ask nicely-" Jonathan stopped as a sudden chill ran through him and he felt himself shudder slightly. He looked to his padawan. "Did you feel that as well?"

*Rhaegaars eyes shined with a pale blue for a long moment, before slowly they turned a soft violet, then to a deep red before finally returning to their normal cold white. He quickly activated his personal comm*

"Mors Omnibus, refrain from using ship to ship communications at all costs. Redirect power from secondary thrusters and secondary cannons to activate stealth. Ergain, when you're cloaked return immediately to the Darkest Shadow. Inform them of the situation. Ask for further orders then report back to me."

*As soon as comm cut Rhaegaar and his squads fleet suddenly vanished from all but the most technologically advanced scanners, their black paint being made of a mirror like alloy made the transition easy, and after his second in command left to report to Lord Rampage, Rhaegaar sat quietly in his ship, gazing out over what seemed to be a graveyard.... he closed his eyes, concentrating for a long moment before finally opening them again to use his miraluka force sight, a type of infrared vision that targeted movements and presences in the force, searching for any signs of life or even of recently deceased that still had scraps of force leaving their bodies..*

Page 2 of 2

Jump to: